Women's Standard Necklace Sizes
Fits most like a choker
Falls perfectly around the base of the neck like a collar. On a petite woman it will hit your collarbone while for plus size women it might feel more like a choker.
A common choice for women that will fall just below the throat at the collarbone. This length is popular for adding pendants which will hang over a crew neck.
Will fall a few inches below the collarbone and allow a little more breathing room. Perfect for a low, plunging neckline or if you want to wear it over a turtleneck.
Falls at or above a low neckline.
Falls below any neckline.
Common with pearl strands and will hang below the bosom. They can be worn as a single strand or you can double them for an 18 inch necklace.
Men's Standard Necklace Sizes
A shorter length that falls just around the base of the neck. Popular for beaded necklaces so they can sit above a crew neck t-shirt.
A common length for men which falls right at the collarbone. Pendants will hide under a crew neck or show completely with a low v-neck or unbuttoned dress shirt.
Falls a few inches below a collar bone and can be worn over or under a shirt. This is a common length for chains because they offer more breathing room.
Extra long and is commonly used to keep religious or meaningful pendants under the shirt and closer to the heart. Falls just above the sternum.
*Please keep in mind that these are all approximations for an average woman’s or man’s height and size. Larger people will need longer lengths and petite ones will need shorter lengths.
Suggested Sterling Silver Chain Options for Pendants
- Coreana Chain: Availalbe in sterling silver and gold vermeil. Lengths are 16in, 18in, 20in and 24in. Choose from 016 gauge (1mm wide) or 030 gauge (3mm wide).
- Rolo Chain: Comes in .925 sterling silver and gold vermeil. We have 16in, 18in, 20in and 24in chains in 040 gauge and 060 gauge.
- Box Chain: We carry box chains in in sterling silver and gold vermeil, sizes 16in, 18in and 20in in 028 gauge.
- Beaded Chain: We have sterling silver bead chains in 16in, 18in, 20in and 24in with 180 gauge and 220 gauge.
- Snake Chain: Sterling silver or gold vermeil. Available sizes are 16in, 18in, 20in and 24in. Snake chains comes in 025 gauge, 040 gauge and 320 gauge.
- Rope Chain: Sterling silver and gold vermeil. Lengths available are 16in, 18in, 20in and 24in. Rope chain comes in 50 gauge and 70 gauge.
- Black Silk Cord: A best-seller! The clasp is made of 925 sterling silver. Available lengths are 14in, 16in, 18in, 20in, 24in, 30in and 36in.
- Material: .925 Sterling Silver Measure: 18in x 0.01in Weight: 1.43 Grams
- SKU: APPL-CD30-18-AZ
- Hang your favorite charms and pendants from this sterling silver, curb Cuban chain. With a spring ring closer, this is a great way to customize your jewelry box. With full creative control you can layer, dress up or dress down this 030 gauge, 18in chain.
- This curb chain fastens with a spring clasp for maximum security.
- This polished .925 Sterling Silver Cuban Chain Necklace is the perfect compliment to any outfit. This curb chain fastens with a spring clasp for maximum security. This lovely curb necklace can be worn with your favorite piece or wear this delicate silver chain alone. Silver jewelry is beautiful and versatile. Order your Cuban Chain Necklace today. Featuring a 16in chain with 2in extension.
Standard 3-7 business days $3.99
Free standard shipping on orders over $25
Priority 2-3 business days $9.99
Express 1-2 business days $25
UPS Ground 1-5 business days calc. at checkout
APO/FPO 8-16 business days $9.99
Standard 5-12 business days $4.99
Free standard shipping on orders over $60
Express 3-6 business days $39
Standard 6-20 business days $4.99
Free standard shipping on orders over $60
Express 4-8 business days $39
If for some reason you are unhappy with your new bling, remember we have a 30 days return/exchange policy, If you don’t love it, returns are easy.
Start your returns process using our Returns Portal.
If you need any help at all, just contact our friendly customer support team using firstname.lastname@example.org & a member of staff will be happy to help. We are also available on Chat feature of our site.
You might want to check out our FAQ page to see if your question has already been answered.